People always say that first impressions last. This not only applies to people but often our homes too. Entryways create a first impression and set the tone for the rest of our homes as we welcome our guests and invite them further inside. These spaces also act as a place where we deposit keys, umbrellas and other miscellany when coming through the front door. Today I’d like to give a few tips for creating an entryway that is both functional and that will leave your guests with a wonderful first impression.
- Storage – a coat rack, umbrella stand, baskets or little bowl to store all those odds and ends are essential in an entryway.
- End table/Console – preferably with drawer storage to minimise clutter.
- Mirror – entryways are generally small and mirrors are great to make a space seem bigger – and great for checking your look before heading out the door!
- Lighting – interesting lighting will create impact and a warm and inviting look.
- Artwork – this will help to make you feel at home as soon as you enter your house!
- Plants – place plants in your entryway to act as a link between the outdoors and indoors. Fresh flowers are also fantastic in an entryway.
- The Everygirl also offers great tips on how to style an entryway.
- This post comes from the archives but Holly from decor8 shares some fantastic advice for the perfect entryway.
Here are a few entryways I love:
Are there any tips you’d like to add?