It’s Monday and that means it’s time for another Weekend Treasures post. This weekend was a quiet one and I spent most of it alone. And I’m okay with that. I think it’s nice to sometimes just spend some time away from friends and family and just find yourself again. I find that my soul needs this, although it might be because I’m a pretty strong introvert. I’m okay with being alone and I actually enjoy it!
After reading this blog post I’ve realised that I don’t share too much of my personal life on my blog, which is probably because of the whole being-an-introvert thing. And as I started thinking about what I enjoy about my favourite blogs, I realised it’s mainly being able to identify with their lives and reading real stories, not just posts about wishlists and things we bought. I want my blog to be a reflection of who I am, not just to share things that inspire me in this vast land of the internet, but to also inspire people by sharing things from my life. Go read that blog post I mentioned and you’ll see why it got me thinking. It’s beautifully written and a must-read (in my opinion). If you read it, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Really I would.
Here are 5 cool things I found over the weekend:
- I’ve been swooning over this tumblr because it features my favourite things – Books, Cats & Coffee.
- Crochet & Lace beauties curated by the lovely Moorea Seal.
- This Relient K music video by Meekakitty on Youtube.
- Beautiful fabric designed by sisters, Elsie and Emma at A Beautiful Mess.
- A Handy Free Planner to download from In Spaces Between.
Also, I think I’m going to change up this weekly post and share 5 things I learnt recently:
- The new ‘Bubbly’ chocolate by Cadbury is really yummy!
- Worrying about something you have no control over is very exhausting. Better to let it go and trust God.
- Bunheads is a cool new TV show that makes me miss Gilmore Girls a little less(but only a little!). Probably since it’s also by the amazing Amy-Sherman Palladino. Love the quick wit!
- I don’t think I will ever make it to gym on a Saturday, it just feels so wrong!
- Re-discovering music on my iPod that I haven’t listened to in years can bring back a lot of memories.
Have a good Monday, dear readers!